Lǐ Xīng Yǔ - Echo Li li

Bachelor of Fine Arts (Honours)

My work traverses video, performance, photography and diasporic experience. By rethinking the dynamic nature of subjectively differentiated forms of love, I seek to address the struggle of balancing personal and political dimensions of human experience. I find that in love nothing is ever balanced. From personal forces of infatuation to deeper political structures, I am interested in exploring intense emotions related to hybrid cultural identity. Significantly, I experience destabilisation as a state that works in concert with my desire to live with intensity.

Lǐ Xīng Yǔ - Echo Li, I finally lost in the map where I once can walk around with my eyes closed, Black and white C-type prints, digital text print, 406 x 254 mm and 254 x 203 mm, 2021.
Lǐ Xīng Yǔ - Echo Li, I finally lost in the map where I once can walk around with my eyes closed, Black and white C-type prints, digital text print, 2021.
Lǐ Xīng Yǔ - Echo Li, Eyelid, Digital text print, color darkroom print, 406 x 254 mm, 2021.
Lǐ Xīng Yǔ - Echo Li, Untitled, Digital text print, color darkroom print, 406 x 254 mm, 2021.
Lǐ Xīng Yǔ - Echo Li, Pop Culture 爱情故事 and Its Political Aftermath, Digital text print, color darkroom print, 406 x 254 mm, 2021.
Lǐ Xīng Yǔ - Echo Li, I Finally Lost Where I Once Could Walk Around With My Eyes Close, C-type print, steel frame, darkroom print, dibond, digital text print, 2021. Documentation by ALEC.

We acknowledge and pay respect to the Traditional Owners of the lands upon which our campus is situated, the Boonwurrung and Woiwurrung people of the Kulin Nations, who have created art, made music and told their stories here for thousands of generations. We also acknowledge and extend our respect to the Traditional Owners of all lands on which our work is viewed, shared and enjoyed, and to all Elders, past, present and emerging.