VCA ART 2021

Freda Drakopoulos

Bachelor of Fine Arts (Honours)

Based in Narrm, I make work that revolves around various states of transition – physical and mental, material and immaterial. These states are transcended through a performance-based integration. Often paradoxical in nature, these actions are used to examine objects, text, matter, material and embodiment. Instances of metamorphosis and feminist trauma-based interventions surface within different forms and are used in writing and performance to transfer and transform.

Freda Drakopoulos, rock no.1, My rock, 2021.
Freda Drakopoulos, rock no.2, Rock, plaster, acrylic basin, mirror, 2021.
Freda Drakopoulos, after/What had happened to, My rock, bathroom, water, mirror, plastic sheeting, 2021.
Freda Drakopoulos, rock no.3, My rock, wrapped and held, 2021.
Freda Drakopoulos, I felt something in the back of my throat, Polyester jersey, my rock, plaster, resin, aluminium, clear acrylic, yellow tongue flooring, acrylic mirrors, 2021. Documentation by ALEC.

We acknowledge and pay respect to the Traditional Owners of the lands upon which our campus is situated, the Boonwurrung and Woiwurrung people of the Kulin Nations, who have created art, made music and told their stories here for thousands of generations. We also acknowledge and extend our respect to the Traditional Owners of all lands on which our work is viewed, shared and enjoyed, and to all Elders, past, present and emerging.

This website may contain sensitive or triggering content