VCA ART 2021

Grace Spence

Bachelor of Fine Arts (Honours)

I am based on the unceded lands of the Wurundjeri Woi Wurrung people. My practice is a constellation of memories represented through drawing and photography. I accumulate fragments of memories to create windows into a non-specific past, in which to hide, get lost and find something. Memories, as well as the processes of photography and drawing, are intertwined with time and space, and through them I explore the tension between the past, present and future.

Grace Spence, Constellation, Graphite on paper, inkjet on Kozo paper, recycled timber, assorted objects, 2021. Documentation by ALEC.
Grace Spence, Constellation (detail), Graphite on paper, 2021.
Grace Spence, Constellation (detail), Inkjet on Kozo paper, 2021.
Grace Spence, Constellation (detail) , Inkjet on Kozo paper, 2021.

We acknowledge and pay respect to the Traditional Owners of the lands upon which our campus is situated, the Boonwurrung and Woiwurrung people of the Kulin Nations, who have created art, made music and told their stories here for thousands of generations. We also acknowledge and extend our respect to the Traditional Owners of all lands on which our work is viewed, shared and enjoyed, and to all Elders, past, present and emerging.

This website may contain sensitive or triggering content