Georgie Hoaddley

Bachelor of Fine Arts (Honours)

Working predominantly in video and performance, I am interested in the tactility of the medium and the complexities of its embodied perception. Fascinated by cinema’s ability to creep under the skin of the viewer and destabilise subjectivity, my work documents an anxious descent into collapsed identity. My practice takes place on the unceded lands of the Wurundjeri people.

Georgie Hoadley, Installation view of films Folding and Fragmenting, Video projection, two-way mirror, chairs, 2021. Documentation by ALEC.
Georgie Hoadley, Installation view of Disintegrating, Video projection, two-way mirror, chairs, 2021. Documentation by ALEC.
Georgie Hoadley, Folding, Video, 2021.
Georgie Hoadley, Email Decay: Performed in my living room, accompanied by myself on the clarinet (a dramatic reading), Video, 2021.
Georgie Hoadley, Ouroboros, Video, 2021.
Georgie Hoadley, Ouroboros (dead), Video, 2021.

We acknowledge and pay respect to the Traditional Owners of the lands upon which our campus is situated, the Boonwurrung and Woiwurrung people of the Kulin Nations, who have created art, made music and told their stories here for thousands of generations. We also acknowledge and extend our respect to the Traditional Owners of all lands on which our work is viewed, shared and enjoyed, and to all Elders, past, present and emerging.