Caitlyn Baulch

Bachelor of Fine Arts (Sculpture)

{Yellow blossoms}
An understanding of how cohesion and colour flow in my life are foremost important. Through my individual interpretation, I experience a strong sense of whimsicality and I allow those visual stimulations to inform my making. I have learnt to ~fixate on one idea, simplifying it into one form. Blossoms, circles and the colour yellow. Obsess until all you see is yellow blossoms growing from people’s noses, from trees, from fences, from old paint left on footpaths. Then, recreate and bring them into a space, produce three-dimensional fixtures so others can experience the atmosphere of your chaotic, artistic brain. Form it into something humble yet powerful. For me, that is the yellow blossom, from the yellow wattle trees of Victoria.

Caitlyn Baulch, Springs first bloom, Wool, steel, acrylic paint, yellow wattle, wood, styrofoam, plastic and canvas, 2021.

We acknowledge and pay respect to the Traditional Owners of the lands upon which our campus is situated, the Boonwurrung and Woiwurrung people of the Kulin Nations, who have created art, made music and told their stories here for thousands of generations. We also acknowledge and extend our respect to the Traditional Owners of all lands on which our work is viewed, shared and enjoyed, and to all Elders, past, present and emerging.