Joshua Kidd

Bachelor of Fine Arts (Photography)

Some of the most important moments of my life have passed in loud silence. My photographic practice is inspired by restorative departures to a small town in Victoria, Jamieson. In Jamieson, moments of reflection and growth are dispersed like heady perfume. Through a meditative awareness of light, particularly its softness and flow, I am reminded of intangibility. Like our interior self, light can be perceived and documented but it is also fickle and fleeting. I translate the endless hours spent staring at white walls into abstract portals of colour. Like Jamieson’s mountains, my photographs offer an opportunity to breathe, contemplate and be present.

Joshua Kidd, Waterways, Acetate print, 2021.
Joshua Kidd, Southern Cold Front, Chromogenic print, 2021.
Joshua Kidd, Hot Water Bottle, Chromogenic print, 2021.
Joshua Kidd, Installation view, Acetate print and chromogenic prints, both framed in Australian Silvertop ash timber (painted white), 2021. Documentation by ALEC.
Joshua Kidd, Waterways, Acetate print in Australian Silvertop ash timber frame (painted white), 2021. Documentation by ALEC.

We acknowledge and pay respect to the Traditional Owners of the lands upon which our campus is situated, the Boonwurrung and Woiwurrung people of the Kulin Nations, who have created art, made music and told their stories here for thousands of generations. We also acknowledge and extend our respect to the Traditional Owners of all lands on which our work is viewed, shared and enjoyed, and to all Elders, past, present and emerging.